Sunday, January 19, 2014

2014 Youth Theme

Every year the church picks a theme and a scripture for the youth of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to focus on.  This year the scripture can be found in the Book of Mormon in the Book of Moroni 10:32. This scriptures counsels us to come unto Chirst and to be perfected in him.  This year I hope to use this scripture to help me to be more Christ-like; for example I can serve others, be more compassionate, be friendlier, be kinder, etc.  Here is a video that explains the theme for the youth more in-depth and it comes from the below link.




I am really grateful for this guidance of the new theme to help me set New Year’s resolutions for myself.  During our weekly family night, my family watched the youth theme song which is posted in the above link and it has really helped me to determine how I can be more Christ-like this year.  I am also really grateful that the church gives youth themes to focus on each year; it has really helped me to determine how I can gain a stronger testimony each year and it has also helped me to make the best decisions I can make so that I can be prepared for the future. 


-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment