Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas On the Piano!

I play the piano. With the Christmas season here, I've started practicing Christmas songs. I love every year when December rolls around and I get the opportunity to start playing Joy to the World, Silent Night, Away in a Manger, and others. I love the happiness and peace in each of these songs, which remind me of the true meaning of Christmas: Jesus Christ.


I love the third verse of “Away in a Manger”:

Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay

Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.

Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And fit us for heaven to live with thee there.




I love how this song describes such a close relationship with Christ. Also, it shows just how much He loves each of us. I am so grateful this year, and every year, to have the opportunity to celebrate His birth and all that He has done for each of us.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment