Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Season of Spiritual Gift Giving!


On Sunday, I had the chance to teach the 12-13 year old youth group about spiritual gifts given to us from our Heavenly Father. For those who don't know or quite understand what spiritual gifts are, I think the lesson plan I was given best explains it. "Spiritual gifts are blessings or abilities given by the power of the Holy Ghost. As children of Heavenly Father, we all have spiritual gifts. God gives us these gifts so that we can serve others."


Translated into something more understandable: the quote is saying that as children of God (which EVERYONE is), we are entitled to special gifts from God. Those gifts are given to us through the Holy Spirit and God wants us to use those gift to help other people. This has meant a great deal in my life and has had an impact on me for quite some time.

My personal experience with spiritual gifts started by taking a foreign language two years ago. I practically fell in love with studying and understanding all sorts of foreign languages and cultures, modern or ancient. I have ever since been grateful for the gift of tongues (understanding different languages) and the interpretation of tongues (comprehending different languages). I bear my testimony that we all have a spiritual gifts and we should all seek find them.


-Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment